This Cambodian Lemon Grass Chicken Drumstick will not disappoint in flavor. It is spicy and gently hot from the Lemon Grass that did not overshadow the gentle taste of the coconut milk. Just like any Asian cuisine, this meal is super delicious for get together and for dinner time. Try it.
Transport yourself to Cambodia with this Cambodian Dish. It has coconut milk, lemon grass and chicken drumsticks. You can switch the drumsticks into chicken wings or chicken breasts. But for me, I want me some chicken drumsticks, Cambodian style.
I have never been to Cambodia but it has been one of the places that I want to go next to Europe. I am specially enamored by their culture and their faith . I am amazed how adamant they are about reincarnation and the commitment they have on practicing Zen . Then, the Buddhas. I digress. I guess I was influenced by too much watching The Tomb Raider. Look at Angie’s body, do you think Cambodian soil, water or cuisine could have caused that?
A friend of mine went in Cambodia this year and I can assure you I was green with envy ( Nenete, I am talking to you). Oh well, I will just have to comfort myself with this dish today. As what we expect about Cambodia, it is a country filled with fresh fragrant produce, fresh seafood, organic meat and spices everywhere. So this meal just fit to that. Salty, sweet, spicy, Cambodia has all the flavors covered. So with this dish, it will bring me and you closer to Cambodia and Cambodian cuisine. Now, let’s get cooking.
- 1 lb chicken drumstick,skinned
- 3 inch fresh ginger, chopped coarsely
- 2 stems lemon grass, bulb only chopped coarsely
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup coconut milk or more if desired
- Remove the skin from the drumsticks. Set aside. In a large skillet, heat the cooking oil and add in the onion. Let the onion cook until transparent around 1 minute. Add in the chopped lemon grass and ginger. And cook some more for 2 more minutes.Add the coconut milk and let it simmer . When it is gently boiling, add the chicken drumstick. Let the chicken cook through. Add salt to taste.
- You can add more coconut milk if desired. Enjoy!
- TO CROCK POT: PLACE ALL OF THE INGREDIENTS IN THE CROCK POT AND COOK FOR 4 TO 6 HOURS IN LOW. SEASON WHEN DONE