Cozy Chamomile Tea Herb tea with Honeydew. Soothing drink and a wonderful way to relax any time of day…
Disclaimer: I have no theology study or any religious education, but I am posting this anyway.
There are two kinds of sins. One that a real sin and moderate sin. I will explain…
There are sins that are really sinful, that is called mortal sin btw, they are those kind of sins that you know they are wrong , yet you do it anyway because it just makes you feel good.Then there is what I call a moderate sin ( I made up this sin to make me feel better – there is no such a thing of big and small sin, right?) I got an example for it…
Like drinking coffee in the morning. I know if I do that, I will shake, shiver, get anxious and I palpitate. But I do it anyway because of the momentary euphoria I get while drinking my hazelnut flavored coffee. Another example would be my ” decision not to exercise day.” If I do not exercise, I beat myself up and beating yourself up is a sin, right?
Then there is a good sin. I called it a sin because I like the fibrous feel and sweet aroma of this beverage so much, I thought I can go bankrupt. Gee, I have to get more of the ingredients in the store and spend money on gas and stacking on Honeydew produce. Is it really called a sin? Nah, it is called Chamomile Tea Drink with Honeydew .
Today, I am sharing to you my sin. The sin of drinking too much of this that I cannot stop pee-ing (now I am getting too personal). By going to the B/R, I cannot spend time with my kids and it is taking quality time with my husband. Do I need interventions now? I know everything should be in moderation, but it will take a shackle of chains to stop me from drinking this. I really like it specially when you let it sit for awhile, the flavored water sips into the Honeydew. It is like eating a vitamin C candy.
My husband loves this drink too. I freeze this tea drink overnight in a portable container and my husband brings it to work still frozen. By noon he has an aromatic and gently sweet drink too cold – just fresh from thawing. It is also high in Vitamin C – thanks to the Honeydew. I hope you will enjoy this drink.For more healthy flavored drinks, please check: Healthy Flavored Water post. I liked this post to Kitchen Meet Girl and Chef In Training and Mums Make List blogs. Check it out.
- 2 - 3 cups honeydew ( ½ of the whole honeydew)
- honey to sweeten
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teabags of Cozy Chamomile Herbal Tea
- cube of ice
- 3 more cups of cold water
- Optional on any of these for garnish:
- cilantro,basil,parsley and mint
- Fill a microwavable cup with tap, filtered or spring water and heat it for 1 and ½ minutes in the microwave. Steep in 2 Chamomile teabags for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill in a glass container or pitcher with 2 cups of ice cubes, add in the honeydew and 3 more cups of water. When the tea is ready discard the tea bags and pour the tea into the pitcher and add in honey for sweetness. and let it sit overnight or you can drink it right away. YOu can add basil or parsley in it for extra flavor. Enjoy!