Chicken Lollipop with Delicious Homemade Sauce- TASTY.DELICIOUS. There is a hint of sour and sweet from the marinade. And that sauce, it is homemade and versatile… you can make a big batch to use as dip on any appetizer or, dip for your french fries. You can also use this sauce as sandwich spread.
Although it may take time to pull down the meat the chicken meat from its bone, this Chicken Lollipop with Delicious Homemade Sauce is worth your time. It is super delicious and tasty. Always a crowd favorite when I make it for a party and even for a simple dinner with the family.
In my province, Bohol, each day in the month May, we celebrate a certain saint. My town saint is St. Isidore and we celebrate him on May 15th. This fiesta celebrations are really big celebrations. You will see Boholanos -name for the Bohol natives-raise a pig or cows for one whole year only to butcher them on the fiesta day. Or people save money only to spend it all on this important day. We go all out to proclaim our faith in the form of food and big gathering with the family. Relatives from out of town come home to join the fun. During my younger years, I did not have the luxury of eating chicken; so when fiesta comes, I always had this Chicken Lollipop, with Pancit, and Lumpia in my plate. When I came here, where chicken wings were readily available, it is just fitting to make this Filipino favorite so that my kids will be able to taste it.
- 2.91 lbs chicken wings
- ⅛ cup soy sauce ( I used Silver Swan)
- ⅛ cup vinegar ( any white vinegar will work)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 cups traditional bread crumbs
- 4-5 cups canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Low Fat Mayo
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon water
- On each chicken wings, pull the meat down towards the end and put into a large bowl.
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients and pour to the chicken wings. Mix to coat marinade to the meat.
- Let the chicken wings marinate overnight.
- When ready, drain the excess marinade and pat dry the chicken wings and make sure it is in room temperature before frying.
- Pour the bread crumbs on the flat plate and roll chicken wings and deep fry until cook through or golden brown.
- Mix all of the ingredients and serve.