Chocolate Butter Walnut Christmas Blondie is always a good idea. It is perfect as a Christmas gift and very portable for Christmas party pot luck. In my household, it is a “mediator of peace.” It is crusty on the outside and chewy as you bite on it. It is also very fast to make. It is a crowd pleasing dessert.
It is my day off today and I am so excited to spend it trying to purchase for a plastic Christmas tree. In the last thirteen years, we’ve used a real tree, so a plastic tree will be a new experience for us. For me, involving the kids and the husband to decide on the tree color, and the Christmas tree theme was a bad idea. It has been very stressful. Since last Saturday, we have been mauling over it and came out with nothing. So today, I am taking matters into my own hand and I will just do it. I have decided for a blue and silver theme and an 8 feet green tree. By the time the “clan” come home, the tree will be standing tall, decorated and well lit. I predicted a riot will arise and I am ready with my a defensive weapon… this Chocolate Butter Walnut Christmas Blondie. This Blondie is my children’s favorite and when they see this, they will be mum, and they will forget how annoyed they are towards their mother. Have you ever have this experience with your children? Bribing them so that they will be kinder and more respectful to you? If your kids are like saints most of the time, I salute you.
This Chocolate Butter Walnut Christmas Blondie was baking as I was decorating the tree. It is bake at 350 F for 15 minutes and the end result is chewy, gently sweet, and there is crunch from the Walnut and the Chocolate with each bite. I primed it for its “role” by sprinkling extra Christmas sprinkles on it and I tied it with a cute thread. And I will let them eat an extra slice too… and there will be peace in the house, I am sure of it. How’s that for a plan?
But for you my dear readers, I hope you do not make this Chocolate Butter Walnut Christmas Blondie as mediator for household “peace.” Make this Chocolate Butter Walnut Christmas Blondie as a Christmas present, or as dessert for your Christmas dinner. Enjoy!!!!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Walnut,chopped
- ½ cup White Chocolate morsels
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Put oven rack in the middle. Pre heat oven at 350 F . Generously grease 8x8 pan and set aside.Melt butter in the microwave and pour into the mixing bowl. Add in sugar and mix until incorporated. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix flour,baking soda,baking powder and salt with wire whisk. slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. The mixture will look hard and crumbly,but that is okay. Add in the walnut and chocolate chips and mix by hand or spatula. Transfer mixture into a 8 x 8 greased baking pan.Flatten dough and decorate with Christmas sprinkles. Bake at preheated oven for 15-18 minutes no more,no less and remove from the oven. The dough will be soft,but let it continue cooking in the hot pan. Slice into 2 x 2 squares.