This will be the third cookie I made for the Holidays. So excited. My daughter is bringing this to her class and I hope her friends will like it. ( Update: They liked it)
It is very easy to make and this will be a good way to spend time with your kids. I had my kids got involved in cutting out the dough and decorating these cookies.
Since it is quick to make, you can whip it anytime and not feel too stressed about it. I think this is one of the easiest cookie recipe I have ever tried. I am also surprised that this recipe did not use baking soda nor baking powder. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did!
- ¾ cup ( 1½ sticks) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Place egg, sugar, vanilla and salt in the mixing bowl.Mix until sugar is dissolve.
- • Add in flour.
- • Mix completely until a thick dough is formed.
- • Chill for two hours.
- • Preheat oven at 350 F
- • Place the dough in a clean surface and flatten it using a rolling pin.
- • Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough.
- • Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. And remove from the oven.
- • Let the cookies sit in the cookie pan as it will continue cooking.
- • Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- • Add in water and vanilla
- • Mix completely to attain a smooth icing and add a yellow food color
- • Place mixing in a icing bag and frost the cookies. Then use a spoon to spread the icing OR, you can use a knife or spoon to spread the icing.
- • Serve and enjoy!