Classic Carrot Cake is my Christmas present to you. Of course, I made this Moist Carrot Cake super festive with this Cream Cheese Frosting and those Christmas Sprinkles….It is the type of Carrot Cake that is super moist and I promise you, you will love this cake so much that you will also be making this on any other special occasion you will soon have… like the New Year, Valentines, Easter etc. This Carrot Cake is super easy to make as well.
And look at those crumbs… As I am typing this post, I keep on looking at that picture below and I just want to grab that slice right there… I think I am going to make this Carrot again on my day off. And my son who is on the bed, in his pajama, agreed with a resounding YEEEEEES!
Although the pictures cannot justify how moist this Carrot Cake is, let me tell you, that I’ve made this Carrot Cake and I’ve used this recipe a gazillion of times over and I have never got tired of it. IT . IS .MOIST.ALL. THE. TIME. I wish you are here with me so that, together, we can taste the combination of the Cream Cheese and the Carrot Cake– it is so utterly smooth and moist. And the frosting just slides through my throat. REALLY! Now grab your mixing bowl and get shredding your carrot and MAKE THIS.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!!
- 2 cups all -purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 cup cooking
- 4 eggs
- 2 3 oz package cream cheese
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven at 325. Grease and lightly flour 2 8 x1/2 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl stir together flour,sugar,baking powder,baking soda,salt and cinnamon. Add in carrot, cooking oil and eggs. Beat with electric mixer on low till combine. Beat on medium speed for two minutes and turn mixture into prepared pans.
- Bake in a pre heated oven till toothpick inserted comes out click around 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Frost the Carrot Cake as desired.
- In a mixer bowl beat together the cream cheese,butter or margarine and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add in powdered sugar beating until smooth.