A fast prep pie and caramel dip combo plus Three ingredient Crumb toppings spells, GOOD DESSERT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE COMPLICATED. Now; you’ve got your fall dessert and even Thanksgiving dessert covered. You can even sneak a very small amount of your free time to prepare for this dessert. Would you believe that I prepared all of the ingredients and I assembled the pie while my son was getting ready for school and before I dropped him off? And you know what that means? That means less than 30 minutes preparation. This right here, BUSY MOMS IS A NO FUSS PIE…
I do not really make a lot of desserts in this blog so I usually buy my dessert at work,quite often honestly.
You see, I do not really check food tags specially when they look delicious; I just mindlessly grab them, pay and eat it. Last night however, while waiting in line to pay, I saw the tag and my dessert cost me $2.49 . So having 2 desserts during my meals at work is a total of $ 5.oo and I thought that is ridiculuos! Don’t you think it is expensive too when I can make my own dessert?
I have been buying this Caramel Apple Pie, Vanilla Cake, Red Velvet cake and they are making me broke; SO I VOWED TO BE MAKING MY OWN DESSERTS… NOT LITERALLY FROM SCRATCH.
If you are like me in my older days, I did not use instant ingredients like pie crust nor store bought caramel… Everything has to be made from scratch but nowadays, I have learned my lesson… IT IS NOT A SIN TO USE INSTANT. Because :
1. It keeps your sanity.
2. It is less stressful
3. So fast I tell you and it is not as messy
4. Nobody can tell it is not from Scratch (wink,wink). Just tell your kids and husband and colleagues, that you made it from scratch.
5. And honestly, what matters is if they rave about what you made. And this Caramel Pie will surely deliver that result. They will be too busy raving about the sweetness and the streusel crumbs they will forget their name and hope they will forget to ask for the recipe too, so that you will not get caught.
Just lie a bit…
Now, if you are like me who grows white hair when you lie, let me convince you that when you make this, you are “almost” making this Caramel Apple Pie from scratch because:
1.You made the Caramel Streusel yourself. You mixed the three ingredient and you got a little messy doing it.
2.And boy, when you flattened that pie crust to the pan, you congregated all your focus so as not to cut it. Wheeeew! That took almost all your positive energy.
3. And cutting the edge of the pie crust made you sweat a little.
You are convince now? Remember… it is not a mortal sin to make a “not so made from scratch pie.” OK? Now let’s make this Caramel Apple Pie
- 1 Pillsbury Instant Pie Crust
- 2 huge apples , Gala or Honey Crisp, sliced thinly
- ⅔ cup store bought Caramel Apple Dip
- STREUSEL CRUMB TOPPINGS
- 6 tablespoons unsalted low fat Butter
- ⅔ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup All purpose Flour
- Line pie crust on a pie pan or removable bottom tart pan and gently line the crust on the pan. Cut off excess pie crust. Pour the caramel apple dip on top and spread across the crust. Arrange the apple into layers on top of the caramel. Set aside. Place the oven rack in the middle and Pre heat oven at 350 F
- FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPINGS:
- In a small bowl, melt butter and add in the sugar and All purpose flour, and mix until it forms a crust. Sprinkle on the arrange apple. And Bake on a preheated oven for 1 hour.