I will be using Buttermilk in my future recipes so I thought I would share to you how I make my own Buttermilk. Rather than buying a carton of buttermilk, which usually stale due to un- use and it is also very expensive, I have been making my own buttermilk. Below are the measurements on how I substitute my buttermilk using milk, lemon and vinegar. I hope that this will be a help to you as much as it did to me.
- FOR: Use Vinegar lemon Juice Plus Milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup buttermilk 1/ tablespoon ( 1 1/2 tsp) 1/2 cup
- 2/3 cup buttermilk 2 teaspoon 2/3 cup
- 3/4 cup buttermilk 2 teaspoon 3/4 cup
- 1 cup buttermilk 1 tablespoon 1 cup