This Pecan Pie is just perfect for this incoming Thanksgiving party. It is easy to make, a crowd pleaser and the crust is NOT MADE FROM SCRATCH. Although as a blogger, it is ideal to be making my own pie crust, but I am just too busy right now and making pie crust from scratch is just too impractical; so here is another pie that is NOT FROM SCRATCH. What matters is the result… AND THIS PECAN PIE DELIVERS. IT IS It is creamy, not too sweet and really filling… just like what a perfect dessert should accomplish. A great dessert should feel like it is the culmination of everything good in a meal. So this Pecan pie serves its purpose.And that it is so easy to make, just make this pie worth baking right away.
I got this recipe from Paula Deen magazine and she said that it is called Mystery Pecan Pie because the layering mysteriously swaps when they cook. I did not see that mystery though as I was too busy munching this Pecan Pie deliciousness. Mystery Pecan Pie or Cream Cheese Pecan Pie. Whatever you call it, it does not matter because it tastes good otherwise. We are crazy about this pie and I hope your family will feel the same.
So all of you busy moms, friends who are juggling jobs and family at the same time, let’s be proud and use a store bought pie crust and make this pie. Your family will not notice at all. All they’ll do is rave about this Pecan Pie.
- 2 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest OR zest of 1 large navel orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chopped pecan
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ tablespoons juice from fresh orange
- 2 tablespoon butter,melted and cooled
- caramel topping,whipped topping
- 1 roll store bought Pie Crust
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Line pie pan with 1 roll store bough pie crust.
- In a large bowl,mix all of the ingredients with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture into the bottom of of prepared deep dish pan.
- Sprinkle or line pecans over cream cheese mixture.
- in a medium sized bowl,whisk together corn syrup and remaining 4 ingredients until smooth. Slowly pour and distribute over pecan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until center is set.Let cool for at least and hour before serving.Garnish as desired.