Happy 4th of July!!!
I really hope that I am not too late in sharing this cake. Boy, we have only 3 days left, and we will be celebrating the 4th of July!!! Where did June go? Soon, it will be Christmas…. 🙂
And this cake… it has very simple ingredient, easy to make and utterly delicious. The side is a bit crunchy from baking it until golden brown. It took me around 40 minutes to bake this cake and the house smelt so good. The combination of strawberry and blueberry was really a good mix – Not too sour and not bland. The batter yielded a subtle sweetness from the sugar.
Overall verdict – A MUST HAVE DESSERT THIS COMING 4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION…Enjoy it!
- ½ cup unsalted butter,softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup halve strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl,cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer at medium high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt and eggs.
- Beat at medium speed for 1 minute, scraping the side of the bowl once. Add the lemon and mix gently using a spatula.
- Spread the batter evenly into an 8 inch spring form pan.
- Place blueberries and strawberries on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until light gold in color.
- Remove for the oven and allow to cool. Run a knife around the edges and remove sides of the pan. Sprinkle small amount of powdered sugar and ENJOY!