This Salabat drink is my grandma’s version of homemade ginger tea. This will be a spicy drink, but this is the purpose of this drink… it is made so spicy to remedy that unflinching sore throat.
This drink gives relief to sore throat, fast.
I don’t want to give false promises here that your sore throat,flu,fever and cough will not magically go away, similar to magic potion, but this drink will quickly soothe your sore throat. Since I have been drinking this for forever, I can attest that this will make you feel a bit better. And I certainly believe that it helps sore throat to go away fast, in a natural way. So give this drink a try and tell me what you think.
- 5- 7 inches of ginger, sliced
- 5 cups of water
- ½ to 1 piece of 1 lemon ( I use half only.Husband uses 1)
- Put 5 cups of water in a small sauce pot.
- Add in the sliced ginger and boil for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, squeeze half of the lemon and sweetened with honey. I use 2 tablespoons of honey. Add more if you like.
- Let it cool and transfer in a container and store in the fridge.
- You can drink this hot or cold.