SPANISH STYLE SARDINES HOMEMADE SLOW COOKED. Hey, guys, today I am sharing with you Spanish Sardines recipe and Homemade Spanish Sardines recipe at that. What’s great about this Spanish Sardines recipe is that you do not have to buy a new Instant Pot to make it. I tried making it with my slow cooker.
Before I made this Spanish Sardines, I saw that people are using Insta Pot to make it; and I thought, I do not want to buy Insta Pot for this only one use, so I practiced making it in my slow cooker…
SO, THIS SPANISH SARDINES IS SLOW COOKED- IT IS SLOW COOKED FOR 6 HOURS ON HIGH AND I LOOOVE IT. I am so proud of it, that I gave them out to my friends…
What IS SPANISH STYLE SARDINES?
Spanish Style Sardines is a type of sardines is which the fish is slow cooked or pressured cooked to achieve a desired fish softness and it is cooked with oil and water with olive oil, bay leaves, pickles to give it a taste. The fish is too tender that you can eat the bone right of the bat.
What I Love About this Spanish Sardines:
- It is healthy.
- Gosh, the pickles’ and olives’ saltiness. I love it. It balances the pungent taste of the fish.
- Boy this is spicy and you know how I love a real heat, just like this Bicol Express. You can actually adjust the heat on this by adding just a few amount of chili peppers
- 3 kilos sardines, Mackerel -when head and tail are removed, around 2 .5 kilos
- 2 sticks carrots
- 4.6 oz bottle garlic stuff green olives
- 10- 15 pieces dry bay leaves
- 1 cup Hamburger Dill Sliced Pickles ( you can add more because it is so good with more)
- 1 clove garlic separated
- 1 tablespoons whole black peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorn crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cups olive oil
- Water , add to the level of the arranged fish
- Arrange/Line fish in the bottom of the slow cooker
- add the carrots, garlic,bay leaves, pepper corn on top. Add the water to the level of the fish and add salt, olive oil and fish sauce.
- Slow cook on high for six hours using a ceramic based slow cooker. If using metal base, 2-3 hours is good enough.