I told you from the post ,30 Minute Beef Fajita, that I am turning Mexican this week through my food, so here is another manifestation of that… this SUPER EASY BEEF ENCHILADA. I am so eager to share it with you all because I want you to make it and make it as a part of your rotation dinner meals in the future. This meal is very easy to make, very affordable cost wise, very cheesy, very delicious and it is a crowd pleaser… my 2 minions loved it!
I understand that you might be a stay at home mom who’s taking good care of little kids ,juggling household chores and no time to cook,or, you are a working mom who is pressed of time to do some over the top cooking from scratch… so there is no home made enchilada sauce in this post. All of the ingredients, the sauce and all, came from the supermarket, so this Enchilada is easy peasy. I made this Beef Enchilada as simple as it can be for all of us busy moms. So brace yourself and let’s get cooking.
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cans 10 oz Traditional Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can 15.5 oz Black Beans,drained and washed
- 1 can 4 oz Old El Paso Green Chili
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 cups Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the onion and cook until transparent. Add the ground meat until brown or cook through.
- Add the black beans and the green chili and cook to warm around 3 minutes.Let the meat mixture cool for easy handling
- Pour around ½ cup of Enchilada sauce in the baking pan and spread throughout the pan. Set aside.
- Lay out a tortilla, and spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface of the tortilla. Portion about ¼ cup of the ground beef mixture and spread it in a line down the center of the tortilla, then sprinkle with ⅓ cup cheese. Roll up tortilla and place in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Spread 1 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas and you can set aside remaining sauce for next use, OR YOU CAN ADJUST THE AMOUNT of how much you spread of the pan and the amount on top of the tortilla to be able to use up the ingredients.
- Then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.