I posted this Yellow Curry recipe in my Kainang Pinoy blog and I thought it will also be a great recipe for this blog too.
As usual, this is one of those easy recipe that just taste so good and the kind of food that my picky eater daughter enjoys, so I am pretty proud of this meal. I prepare the ingredients when I get home from work and slow cooked at low overnight. In the morning I am met with this delicious meal ready to be packed for lunch.
- 1½ lb Beef Chuck Pot Roast, slice into bite sized pieces OR i inch by 1 inch when slow cooking You can substitute beef with chicken breat,pork or chicken.
- 1 cup cubed carrots, OR sliced into 1 inch pieces when slow cooking
- 1 medium size potato, OR slice into 4 pieces when slow cooking
- 2 tablespoons Indian yellow curry powder
- 2 tablespoons Tumeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can 13.5 oz fl Coconut Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking for stove top cooking only
- Put the beef on the bottom and add the vegetables and pour the coconut milk and water.
- Slow cook for 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready, add the tumeric and curry powder.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired
- Heat cooking oil and cook meat. Add in 1 cup of water. And let the meat soften.
- When meat is cook through, add the coconut milk and cook fora another 15 minutes.
- Season meat with tumeric and yellow powder.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.